Friday, January 1, 2010

10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling

This is from The Oatmeal, and it's great! I wish I'd written it. Here are the words you should stop misspelling, but you really need to go to the link and see the pics and examples he put in.

Lose / Loose (a huge one with me!)

Weird, not wierd

Their / There / They're

You're / Your

Its / It's

Definitely (it has no A in it!)

Affect / Effect (affect is a verb, effect is a noun)

Weather / Whether

Alot (which is not a word...it's A LOT)

Then / Than (I don't like this, either, but I find it's often a typo)

1 comment:

  1. DUDE!

    I CONFESS! I do this all the time: alot. It's so wierd. I *know* that it's two words, but I still type it as one word.

    And the sad thing is, I *know* I'll be mis-spelling it for the rest of my life!

    *shaking my head at myself* Maybe I can qualify for hypnotherapy.

    Maevenly

    ReplyDelete